Thursday, April 12, 2012

A kid's view...

Yesterday i went out on an adventure to try and get some inspiration for our kids time last night (which i had forgot about - thank you easter)... anyhow, i went to a thrift store - and walked out empty handed...

then i went to the bible book house (which happens to be a block away)... now, i don't usually go to bible stores - cause they're kinda cheesy normally - but, i needed a new bible and i figured... why not.

I walked out with a new bible (which is a "kids" bible... mostly it just looks cooler), the passion white flag CD, and a kids devotional.  I mostly bought the devotional because i'm about to start working on my next set of curriculum and figured a little extra inspiration couldn't hurt - and i wanted to try and find a few that my kids might actually be willing to read through...

well - i decided i might as well actually try and read through the devotional myself. Working at a church has definitely hindered on how much time i desire to spend in the word myself... just for me... cause i'm thinking about it all day, challenging kids with it... blah blah blah... it's kinda like being in bible college again.

anyhow - i figured it would be easy cause instead of like 4 pages that most adult devotional are each day - this is like, half a page... maybe... well - let me tell you.... When Jesus called us to have "faith like a child" there was really something to that... this stinkin "kids" devotional just wrecked me.

First day. First sentence. WRECKED.

in a good way of course.

Today's reading was about trusting God - how it's an everyday, even minute, all the time type choice... I wish that , as an adult, i was a better example of this to the kids i work with... I wish i chose to trust God more obviously everyday all the time...

well - here's to trusting jesus... with faith like a child... every day. all the time. minute by minute.



wanna be challenged? seriously? go get a kids devotional and read it... the simplicity of them is actually pretty challenging...

the one i got is called "Jesus Calling"

do it - i dare ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment